At the Kelso Public Library, we offer a variety of collections and services to the community, such as:
Checking Out Materials | Book Discussion Kits | Discovery Pass Backpacks | Online Catalog | Washington Anytime Library | Online Resources | Computers & Public Wi-Fi | Copying & Faxing Service | Passive Activities | Book A Librarian
To check out materials at the Kelso Public Library, you will need a valid Kelso Public Library card. To learn more about obtaining a library card, click here.
- New Arrivals check out for 3 weeks and cannot be renewed.
- Books/ Audiobooks/ CDs/ Vox Books check out for 3 weeks and will automatically attempt to renew twice *.
- DVDs check out for 1 week and cannot be renewed.
- Book Discussion Kits check out for 60 days and cannot be renewed.
- Discovery Pass Backpacks check out for 3 weeks and automatically renew twice *.
- Skill Set Kits check out for 3 weeks and cannot be renewed.
*Items that automatically renew will not be renewed if placed on reserve by another patron.
Lost Library Cards
If your library card is lost or stolen, please report it to the Kelso Public Library as soon as possible to avoid being held responsible for materials checked out on your card after the loss or theft is reported. If you report a card lost or stolen, you will need to present photo ID to get a replacement card.
Want to start your own book club? The Kelso Public Library has many book discussion kits available for check out. Each kit contains anywhere from 6 to 12 copies of one book and a sign out sheet. Kits check out for 60 days and cannot be renewed. Only one kit per card at a time. Curious what books we have as book discussion kits? Go to our online catalog and use the search term “book discussion kit”.
The Kelso Public Library has two Discovery Pass Backpacks available for checkout. Each pass comes with:
- 1 Backpack
- Washington State Parks Map
- Recreation Guide
- 3 Pocket Guides
- 1 set of Binoculars
- 1 First Aid Kit
- 1 Flashlight
Discovery Pass Backpacks check out for 3 weeks and will automatically attempt to renew twice.
From our Online Catalog, you can search for an item, view your account or reserve an item. Users can search our catalog by:
- Title Starts With
- Title Phrase
Did you know?
- If you click “More Search Options” in the catalog, you can use even more search capabilities!
- To login to your account to view your checked out items, place reserves, or view other account information, you will need a valid Kelso Public Library Card. In the upper right corner of the Online Catalog, enter your library card number and PIN (in most cases, the last four digits of your telephone number).
Washington Anytime Library provides eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Digital Magazines through the Libby app, or if you prefer to read in your browser, through libbyapp.com. To access your account, you will need a valid Kelso Public Library card, your library card number and a PIN (in most cases, the last four digits of your telephone number).
Located on our catalog homepage, we have other resources available to the public, such as:
- Project Gutenberg – Want 30,000 free ebooks? Download to your own device using PDfs, HTML, epub, Mobipocket and more. Enjoy!
- LibriVox – Public domain recordings of public domain literature. Plays anywhere!
- Medline Plus – Authoritative information from government agencies and other health-related organizations.
- Driving-Test.org – Permit Practice Tests will help you to prepare to take your driving exam.
The Kelso Public Library currently has 8 public desktop computers available for use. If you have a library card, you can immediately log in to any available computer by entering in your library card number and PIN number (in most cases, the last four digits of your telephone number). Guest passes are available at the information desk.
- Each library card holder can have a maximum of two 60 minute sessions per day.
- Guest passes are only valid for one 60 minute session per day.
The computer will give a warning 10 minutes before the end of the session. When the session is finished, you automatically be signed out, and documents or logins saved during your session will be erased from the computer station. Please use the 10 minute warning to print or save your work to an external location.
Free Wi-Fi is available at the Kelso Public Library. Please see Library Staff or signage for Wi-Fi name and password.
The Kelso Public Library offers black & white copying service to the public. Please ask Library Staff for assistance.
Need to send a fax? The Kelso Public Library offers free fax service to the community, no library card needed! To send a fax, just ask Library Staff at the Information Desk. We also have Fax Cover Sheets available if needed.
- Copies: 30 pages
- Fax: 5 pages
Printing Costs: Printing is only available as one sided, black and white pages. The first ten pages are free, any additional pages cost $0.10 per page.
Ask about our in-house games at the front desk! We have Board Games, Dominoes, UNO and Playing Cards available for use in the library.
The Kelso Public Library's Book a Librarian service allows you to reserve appointments with librarians for up to 30 minutes of uninterrupted, personalized reference assistance. This can take the forms of, but is not limited to:
- Using our online collection in the Libby app including accessing and downloading eBooks and digital audiobooks.
- Help with general computer basics, including internet navigation, creating an email account, and basic tech troubleshooting.
- Library tours and instruction in use of the library catalog.
- Personalized help with a research project.
- Helping you discover new books and authors that match your tastes and interests.
- Help with employment resources, including basic workshops for resumes and tips for searching for opportunities.
Note: Librarians are not legal, medical or tax professionals. Some questions or topics may lead to referral to these or other information providers.
A librarian will respond to your online request within three business days to set up an appointment. Appointments will be scheduled and take place at the library during normal operating hours.