HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD
Residents of the city of Kelso are eligible for library cards. To receive your card we require a valid Washington State Driver’s License or Identification Card/Military ID with your current address. If your ID does not have your current address, please bring in a document that shows current name and street address. Some examples are:
- Voter’s Registration card
- Utility Bill
- Auto Registration
- Minors under the age of 18 may get a library card with their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission. All applications must be made in person.
If you live outside the city limits of Kelso, you may purchase a library card:
- Annual Family Card: $70.00
- 6-month Family Card: $40.00
- 3-month Family Card: $20.00
If you are 65 or older, you may purchase a library card for half of the standard fee:
- Annual Senior Card: $35.00
- 6-month Senior Card: $20.00
- 3-month Senior Card: $10.00
CASH OR CHECK ONLY. ALL PURCHASES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
KELSO SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS
Are you a Kelso School District student? Any student who attends the Kelso School District can get a library card with the Kelso Public Library for FREE. This applies to homeschooled students that are eligible to attend a Kelso School District school as well!
Library card applications are available at the Kelso Public Library. Parents or guardians must provide proof of valid address with a picture ID.
KELSO SCHOOL DISTRICT EDUCATORS
Kelso School District Educators are eligible to obtain a library card with the Kelso Public Library for FREE.
Library card applications are available at the Kelso Public Library. Upon turning in the application, please provide proof of employment at a Kelso School District school, proof of valid address, and a picture ID.
RECIPROCAL BORROWING LIBRARIES
- Longview Public Library Card Holders will need to show their Longview Public Library Card, Photo ID, and proof of address.
- Fort Vancouver Regional Library Card Holders will need to show their Fort Vancouver Regional Library Card, Photo ID, and proof of address establishing residency in Clark, Skamanaia or Klickitat Counties, of the City of Woodland or the Yale Precinct in Cowlitz County, WA.
Each library has different policies such as material loan lengths, the number of items allowed to be checked-out, etc., and borrowers will have to follow rules of each respective library. All materials checked out will need to be returned to the library from where they were checked out.
For more information, please call us at 360-423-8110 or stop into the library today!