HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD
Residents of the city of Kelso are eligible for library cards. To receive your card we require a valid Washington State Driver’s License or Identification Card/Military ID with your current address. If your ID does not have your current address, please bring in a document that shows current name and street address. Some examples are:
- Voter’s Registration card
- Utility Bill
- Auto Registration
- Minors under the age of 18 may get a library card with their parent’s or legal guardian’s permission. All applications must be made in person.
If you live outside the city limits of Kelso, you may purchase a library card:
- Annual Family Card: $70.00
- 6-month Family Card: $40.00
- 3-month Family Card: $20.00
If you are 65 or older, you may purchase a library card for half of the standard fee:
- Annual Senior Card: $35.00
- 6-month Senior Card: $20.00
- 3-month Senior Card: $10.00
CASH OR CHECK ONLY
KELSO SCHOOL DISTRICT STUDENTS
Are you a Kelso School District student? Any student who attends the Kelso School District can get a library card with the Kelso Public Library for FREE.
Library card applications are available at the Kelso Public Library. Parents or guardians must provide proof of valid address with a picture ID.
RECIPROCAL BORROWING BETWEEN LONGVIEW & KELSO LIBRARIES
On April 1, 2015, a pilot reciprocal borrowing project began between the Longview and Kelso Public Libraries. What that means is that if you have a library card in good standing at one library, you will be able to go to the other library, present your card, show ID and/or proof of address, fill out a short application, and receive a card from the other library. For Kelso Library card-holders good standing means that the card is active and has no fines or overdue items on the account.. For Longview Library card-holders good standing means that the card is active and has a total fine of $10.00 or less. Each library has different policies such as checkout time, number of items checked-out, etc., and borrowers will have to follow the rules of each library for those materials checked out from that library. All items checked out will need to be returned to the library from where they were checked out, i.e., library materials checked out from Longview should be returned to Longview.
CAN I RENEW BOOKS?
Books will automatically attempt to renew twice as long as there are no reserves on the item and the book is not from the "New Arrivals" section. New Arrivals only check out for 3 weeks and do not renew. DVDs check out for 1 week and do not renew. You can also call the library or log into your library card account from our online catalog to renew materials.
- New Arrivals check out for 3 weeks and cannot be renewed.
- Books/ Audiobooks/ CDs/ Vox Books check out for 3 weeks and will automatically attempt to renew twice.
- DVDs check out for 3 weeks and cannot be renewed.
- Book Discussion Kits check out for 60 days and cannot be renewed.
- Discovery Pass Backpacks check out for 3 weeks and automatically renew twice.
- Skill Set Kits check out for 3 weeks and cannot be renewed.
WHERE CAN I RETURN BOOKS WHEN THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED?
The Kelso Public Library has several bookdrop locations available for returns:
- In the mall, there is a bookdrop located to the left of our entrance.
- Outside the mall, there is a drive up bookdrop located between JCPenney and Sportsman's Warehouse on the East side of the mall. Just look for the yellow dropbox on the curb facing the freeway.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
The Kelso Public Library is located inside the Three Rivers Mall. You can enter the mall through JCPenney or from the West side entrance.
DOES THE LIBRARY CHARGE LATE FEES?
No! No late fees are charged for overdue materials. However, any library card account with overdue materials will be blocked from checking out any new materials until all the overdue materials are returned.
For more information, please call us at 360-423-8110 or stop into the library today!