WHAT IS A FRIEND?
The Friends of the Kelso Public Library is an organization of people who support the library with their ideas, their skills, their time and their voices.
WHAT DO FRIENDS DO?
- Advocate for the library in the community.
- Raise money for summer reading activities and other library events.
- Supply funds for materials, furniture and equipment to supplement the library’s regular budget.
- Conduct book sales and other fund raising events to not only raise money but increase the library’s profile in the community.
- Provide outreach services in the community.
SPECIAL NON-RESIDENT FRIENDS
The Kelso Public Library has many patrons who live outside the city limits of Kelso but who support the library in many ways. To acknowledge these non-resident patrons, the library created a Non-Resident Friend category. Non-residents may earn a family library card by volunteering on Friends’ projects for a total of 12 hours/year.
The Friends of the Kelso Library meet on the 4th Monday of the month. Meetings occur during the months of January through June and resume September through November.
To become a Friend or find out more, please contact the Library at:
351 Three Rivers Dr, Suite 1263
Kelso, WA 98626
Fill out the Friends of the Library Application and mail it in. We will contact you.