Code Enforcement is the primary contact for concerns about land use and enforcing City ordinances.
Code Enforcement helps the public understand their rights and obligations and work closely with other government agencies to promote community goals and acts as a liaison with community members on programs and policies to ensure stable improvement to quality of life and neighborhoods. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life in the City of Kelso by fairly and equally enforcing nuisance related codes to ensure health, safety and welfare of the community.
- Nuisance Abatement
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Substandard Housing
- Tall grass, vegetation blocking street view, signs, etc.
- Garbage, shopping carts, junk or debris, in a yard, in the Right of Way or on Public Property.
- Property Maintenance
- Zoning Enforcement
Do you have a concern? Please let us know!
- Fill out a Complaint / Concern Form here at City Hall
- Print a Nuisance Abatement Request Form from the Nuisance Abatement Department Web page and mail it in to city hall
- Call the Community Development Department at 360-423-9922 and request a form by mail that can be returned to city hall
- Download the fillable Nuisance Abatement Request Form and email it back.
What we need to know:
- Property Address
- Nature of the violation (i.e. tall grass, junk vehicle, garbage, etc.) Please be specific and with as much detail as possible. This helps our staff to quickly identify the possible violation.
This service is NOT intended for emergencies, or urgent problems that endanger life or property. For those concerns, please call 911. Submissions to this website are only monitored during normal business hours (9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, excluding holidays).
- Please call 360-423-9922 to request a form by mail
We are located on the 2nd floor in Kelso City Hall, 203 S. Pacific Avenue, Kelso, WA 98626